My New Team Lead:
I work with my old lead for very short spam of time, so fortunately all went well, no bad memory either of us should carrying.
Actually, my new lead Mr. Alam, requested for a new recourse to manager which make me to be in his team. Team of 5 guys including me.
Venky was star in the team, and Raj another team mate, the kind of guy who really ensure MMC standard and CMM level of company, don’t think much about him, man…, He just knew what documents should be placed where. I started with one of the best Lead, I am really missing him, the great Man who really knows how to handle the team and how to build them. We use to enforce lead for lunch party, does not matter whether lead is paying or venky. Venky started teaching me the application and technology as well. We used to sit an hour every day in cafeteria for all useless talk and reporting to manger team meeting.
First Fight with Management Team:
I started with one project, I still remember P0A59, 90% was JSP text change and 10% of logic, Servlet change but that was related to ID’s so kind of project where you need to have careful. I got design document prepared by Venky, all things are mention clearly what need to be done. The day comes when we suppose to load the code for testing, after loading the code, due to some database issue, all went wrong..
Alam and Venky were out for coffee, my assistant manage, one of the most irritating F**King Fellow came to me with one of the other Lead
I was reading log to check how come it happens. Suddenly Other lead started questing why this, not that, I was pissed of, I replied who coded it, me right? Then how come you know what should print here do you what was requirement? Assistant manager ask me, if you did it in right way why this issue, I was in hot mood…, and replied that’s what am checking, wait am for some time. Fortunately My lead back with Venky and without even knowing the issue, he told hey guys I check and review all the code …, no issue there let me check, why all this nonsense going here. Meanwhile he checks with our
First BCG Violation in MMC:
It was my first time when I was participating in grand release of project, Oct/2007. All new for me, that was Sunday night when suddenly
Ever green baby of team call me on call, because due to my code some thing went wrong, I was drunk, no way to go on call, so Alam joined the
Call, and discussed as usual it’s not Pandey’s mistake System engineer agreed for his mistake even though, it was completely my miss. I will never forget what I did, For one pre-populating JSP text, I put the condition, but condition was forced to true, off course it was just testing the code in local, but delivered same code to Production, As expected from my system testing team. Finally I was started sweating when I realize what I did, Alam fix that issue immediately and deploy that code, He told me all set beta be cool, it’s not a big mistake, it may happens. He was not aware am not afraid to issue, but for some thing else.
No comments:
Post a Comment