Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Team Lead(Alam) and Management Team:

Alam was good in all aspect good In Techniuical , communication and Team building.
He was really frank with team, He used to force me to come with him for walkin-interviews.
Very soon in he realize, This MMC can give only brand name, nothing more than that.
One thing which is open secret in MMC, never share your rating with team as it's BCG violation.
Alam was all round Gandhi division( Ghandhi division means rating 2).Probably that was one of the reason what makes him to look for other options. He got two offers one from i-flex and another Oracle, even i went with him during his HR interview in Oracle. Manager's having one best quality Usually we saw that in our pet's. Me and Alam used to sit on same desk,because of other application chicks,The day when he was searching best word to say good bye, My dear Manager come and asked to check his mail, we all curious to know what is there in that mail, Wow, it was 60 thousands hike. He never got that much hike in his career in MMC, but it was too late. As soon as mail arrived to Mangers mail Box, A new hot waves started, result we all know, Meeting. Few rounds of meeting for f**king negotiation, but 45 days US and 60 thousands was too less to negotiate. We have one senior manager, half drunk every time He have best way to make you understand the world, Always talk like most experience man in world, he told him
where ever you go, no one can pay you what we are paying, all useless MMC policy discussion and big dreams. What i understand, he is right because that Ass Hole never saw other companies offer letter in his life time.

--------------------******************-------------------------------------

Misuse of MMC facilities:

Venky, took over all Alam’s project for coming release, he had really tough time without Alam.
Venky and me was not only project partner but became party partner as well.
Working over night making shift money, using the office car. I have few more friends in team, One my classmate another Dada, We started taking office car at 8 PM , going out drink and dinner,even MMC have to pay for late hours. That was untraceable violation. Actually i started this plan,they just join me. Venky used to make some US call, whenever we found some friends online during our late hours work. I used office phone for my family conference call once or twice. All on Mr. Khan's passcode. Soon we got new arrangement of Team, again good luck me and venky was in same team under Mr. Chandra, cool guy, but not fit for this MMC. First day itself i realize, He can't fight for team's right. In new team i mate to Rama, the best developer i ever seen.

-------------------***********************----------------------------------------
My Attitude change:

I came back from vacation, but that wasso unpleasant, when Venky informed me, he is going out of company next week, even though it was confidential between manager and lead, but my lead intimated him to start searching new one, he don’t have much time. I got his all work, as usual he had lot off work to finished, one new module where no one from India team had work earlier, I had only week to complete, even I was not sure about requirement, First time I checked with Rama Master of my team off course of application as well, he helped me, next day when I asked again, he blasted on me, I am busy, I can’t help, don’t even touch my environment as well. I was pissed off; there was no time to ask US developer to work on that. I have a portrait at my home, with quotation “ If you think you can, you Can, else you are right”, I decided to work on that even I don’t have any idea how to start, first time I chat with master of module ‘Sal’, he check with another expert and help me to make my job done. Meanwhile testing started, that entire service needs to invoke from one radio button, so I though let’s Make radio button unavailable till back ground code is missing, Tester was good but new, when he raised issue, I blasted on him, just a radio button missing how come severity-1, he reduced to 3, my job done. I got three days and all done, but then I went to report my lead to inform all set now, I was expecting same Well done comment what was in practice with Alam and Venky. But here picture was different, Chandra told me what you did in 7 days, I could finished in 7 hours, what’s great deal in that, f**k off man, I was unable to hold my anger,I told him listen Boss, If would aware what to type, it might be done in 7 minute, and I don’t have your experience, no one in India team is here to help, and end of the day, Did I asked you to assign this to me? Later on I realize, this is his way to encourage the people. That comment change my attitude,i realize my mistake, i chnaged my
attitude and tone.

-----------------------************************************---------------------------------
Project that, I never forget (PB067):

One of most f**king project I ever worked, simple project with thousands of confusing requirement from BRD to till system testing. Actually we are three developers assigned to that project, as usual I planned to code at end, and luckily some dependency was there for my changes. Each projects usually having one main developer who has more hours and load to work, that guy was “Nattu Bhai”. No one aware, he got the call from some US university for his MS degree, he keep assuring, I will load the code, First day of testing we got only one issue and that was code is not yet loaded, Some how we push that to system engineering by saying he didn’t correct the table data. No one has tested the code, no integration of project, as every body loaded his code at end of the Development phase. As soon as testing started Nattu Bhai left the company. NO one knows what code he loaded and if he really loaded the code. I am not sure if tester was interested to test the project or performance testing of trouble ticket tool.
Every day minimum 5 to 10 tickets, I took ownership, that was only mistake what I did with that project, not because of I was really so interested but could not able to tolerate, when f**king manager’s putting his f**king question to Chandra. Competition started between tester and me, to create ticket and fix that, but we realize the fact after crossing the count of 50, while we are fixing issue, we don’t really care if dependent code is working fine. Finally Rama, Chandra and me decided to check the entire code and fix all issues, but it was too late and we reach closed to century. Manager’s don’t even bothered why it happens all blame, comes on my head, that reflect on my rating, Manager Change policy change, earlier Manager looks for your effort now
Mr. Perfect needs no defects and I pay for that.

-------------------------**************************---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment